You are here
Grant Transfers - Initiate, Complete, Checklist
Grant Transfer to OSU
Grant Transfer from OSU
Steps to take before contacting COE Proposal Support Team (Initiate)
- Obtain approval from current institution to reliquish grant in the form of a relinquishing statement signed by department head, dean/director, and director of institution's Sponsored Research Office . All co-PIs must be notified of the grant transfer.
- Coordinate with Sponsored Research Office or departmental grant coordinator at current institution to finalize the following:
- Exact and final amount of unexpended funds to be transferred
- Capital equipment purchases and transfers
- Personnel commitments, especially graduate students, to determine if their participation is integral to the project's success.
- Confirm status of any cost-sharing commitment made by original institution. Some agencies require any cost-share made at original institution to be transferred to new institution.
- Confirm compliance or other commitments that will be transferred.
- Contact Program Manager at funding agency to find out requirements related to grant transfers.
- Once all this information is ready, submit a request for service to COE Proposal Support Team.
Steps to completion
- Work with COE Proposal Support team to create a budget and justification based on remaining unexpended funds with appropriate OSU rates.
- Upload the following to Cayuse for OSRAA approval:
- Copy of original proposal
- Copy of original award notice
- Most recent progress report
- Copy of scope of work if transfer changes the scope
- Detailed budget and justification
- Other compliance documents (animal use, human subjects, etc.)
- Signed relinquishing statement from prior university
- Once OSRAA approves Cayuse submission, PI forwards all required paperwork to agency.