CMMI Guidelines for REU Supplements
CMMI participates in the support of Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) supplements as outlined in NSF 13-542 with the following conditions specific to CMMI:
- REU supplement proposals submitted to CMMI programs are accepted only between September 1 and March 31 each fiscal year, and should be submitted at least three months before the desired start of the proposed activity.
- CMMI provides support for one REU student per active award in an amount up to $8,000, with the exception that an additional $8,000 in support may be provided for a second student if that student is a pre-selected woman, minority or disabled student.
- If the REU student is pre-selected, the student's CV must be provided with the supplement proposal. If the REU student is not pre-selected, the recruitment process and selection criteria must be outlined.
- Requests for REU supplements must be made on an annual basis, and expiring awards may not receive a no-cost extension only to enable the principal investigator to submit an REU supplement request.
- CMMI does not accept proposals for REU sites.